John A. (Tony) LoveAttorney-at-Law
- Email John A. (Tony) Love ›
Tony has over 28 years of litigation experience in state and federal courts across the United States and has handled or managed thousands of cases under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Tony is a graduate of the University of Georgia where he received his undergraduate degree in political science and was inducted into the Pi Sigma Alpha political science honor society. During his tenure at UGA, Tony worked as an intern in the Governor’s Honor Program assisting with the prosecution of criminal cases in the Conasauga Circuit District Attorney’s office.
After graduating from UGA, Tony attended law school at the Georgia State College of Law in Atlanta. During law school, Tony was an Associate Notes and Comments Editor on the Law Review and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Research, Writing, and Advocacy. He also worked as an intern for the Legal Clinic for the Homeless around the time of the Atlanta Olympics to survey the treatment of Atlanta’s homeless population leading up to the Olympic events.
After graduating from law school in 1993, Tony worked as a litigation attorney for several Atlanta law firms in the areas of personal injury, products liability, and general litigation. His work included representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases and, subsequently, representing defendants through his insurance defense practice.
Tony subsequently began his two decades long career in the field of consumer litigation, including representing a number of Fortune 500 clients and a national consumer reporting agency in individual and class action claims arising under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and other consumer protection statutes. Tony has been continuously rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for over 17 years.
- Supreme Court of Georgia 12/06/1993
- United States Supreme Court 10/15/2002
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia 12/06/1993
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan 05/10/2002
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois 02/24/2003
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois 05/23/2003
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin 05/08/2007
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida 10/23/2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado 10/05/2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida 12/01/2011
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida 02/07/2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan 05/29/2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana 12/06/2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit 07/16/2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit 03/13/2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit 11/08/2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit 06/08/1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit 06/24/1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit 05/19/1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit 06/23/2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit 12/13/2007
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia 2/20/2023
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio 4/12/2023
- Atlanta Bar Association
- North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognitions
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell®, 2021
- Research, Writing & Advocacy Award, American Jurisprudence Society, 1990
- J.A. Love, Pawnbrokers: Provide Comprehensive Legislation Regulating Loans on Motor Vehicle Titles, 9 GA. ST. U. L. REV., (1992).